Welcome to Funexpected, a studio of mathematicians, designers and developers building engaging and educational apps for preschoolers. Funexpected LTD ("Funexpected", "we", "us") is committed to protecting your privacy. We are GDPR compliant and continue to take steps to improve the way we store and process personal data and we thoroughly select partners who are GDPR compliant.Introduction
("Site") and a suite of mobile applications ("Applications") and services available through Site and Applications ("Services").
The Applications are designed for use by children. We collect very limited information (e.g. first name and age) about minors in the application in order to help you gain full benefit from using our Services, but only where you, the minor's parent or legal guardian, has provided that information to us during the registration process. Such information is not shared with third parties.
There are two types of information that we may collect:
"Personal Data", which stands for information that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of such information.
"Anonymous Data" means information that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information and does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. Anonymous Information doesn't directly identify an individual, it may have been personal information but has had the personally identifiable information removed.
Below you will find the details of how and where each of the information types may be collected. Where and how we collect information
Information that you provide
We collect information you directly give to us when using the Services, for example if you are seeking technical support or applying for a newsletter subscription. Such information may include your email address, name as well as any other information you've decided to provide us. Information automatically collected through the Site
We automatically collect several types of information about the visitors of our Site.
- traffic data
- logs and communication data
- resources on our Site which you access and use
- IP address, operating system and browser type
- and information which is collected through cookies, web-beacons and other tracking technologies
Such automatic information collection process is using the following technologies:
Web Beacons. We may log information using digital images called Web beacons on our Site or in our emails. We use Web beacons to manage cookies, count visits, and to learn what marketing works and what does not. We also use Web Beacons to tell if you open or act on our emails.
We collect and store the following types of information about the users who have downloaded our Applications:
- IDFA. Currently, due to the change in publishing company of the app, we are transferring our active users from old version of the application to the new one. To save all the progress and to provide our loyal users with benefits we need to recognize them in the new application. We use IDFA exclusively for this purpose. We do not share it. We also will stop collecting IDFA once the transition is complete. This will be no later than 15 October 2019.
- device model
- operating system and its version
- language set on your device
We may also collect the following information through the Applications:
How we process, use and share your information
- your e-mail address in the event you opt-in to receive our subscription newsletter
- age of the player
We use your personal information as follows:
- to present, operate, maintain, modify and improve our products and services.
- to recognize you when you return to our Site and to save information about your preferences so we may adapt our Site to your individual interests.
- to provide customer service including by responding your queries and providing you with required technical support.
- to provide you with our products by e-mail and to notify you about promotions, new content and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
We may share your information as follows:
General Data Protection Regulation
- in connection with, or during negotiations of a business deal, involving change of ownership or sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. Such deals can include merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy transaction or proceeding as well as other types of transactions.
- for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- to comply with laws.
- to respond to lawful requests and legal process.
- in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- with those third parties which are performing certain works or task for us (only the information received from the Site).
In case you area a resident of the European Economic Area, Funexpected legal basis for collecting and processing personal data depends on the specific information collected and includes the following:
Your control over the provided information
- to present and improve our Site ·
- to contact you
- to estimate the size of our target group and their user pattern
- to save information about your preferences (such as language) so that we may adapt our website to your individual interests
- to recognize you when you return to our website
- to notify you about new content, games and special offers via direct online marketing campaigns
- to comply with the applicable laws and regulations
All our marketing materials are allowing you an option to opt-out. We may still be sending you certain e-mail communications of non-marketing nature in relation to our services. Such e-mails may include information about your account, responses to your requests and any other dealing we may have with you.
You may at any time send us a request to update your personal information details using our contact details below.
You can also disable a cookies and other methods using which we collect certain information using your browser or other services. Please be aware that disabling cookies may affect the way the web-site works for you.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us (contact information is listed at the end of this document). YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
Residents of the European Economic Area in certain circumstances have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we have relied on your consent to process your personal information.
- Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
- You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Funexpected is taking reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. Third party service providers
We do employ third party companies and individuals ("Service Providers"), to provide the Services on our behalf or to assist us in analyzing how our Services are used.
Currently we use the following Service Providers on our Site and Applications:
- Google analytics (for the Site)
- Facebook pixel (for the Site)
- Firebase (back-end)
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.Security Of Data
We are implementing a variety of safeguards to ensure security of your data, but unfortunately no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Although we continuously take steps to ensure security of your personal information, we cannot however guarantee its 100% security. Please be advised that any transmission of personal information is done at your own risk. We are not responsible of circumvention of any privacy settings of security measures implemented as part of our Services.Data retention
71-75, Shelton Street, London, Greater London,
WC2H 9JQ, United Kingdom
Last revised on: August 19, 2019